Educational Technology Portfolio
Course Description and Objectives
For standards mapping to completed course artifacts, please select from the list below.
Candidates demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to design conditions for learning by applying principles of instructional systems design, message design, instructional strategies, and learner characteristics.
- 1.1 Instructional Systems Design
- 1.2 Message Design
- 1.3 Instructional Strategies
- 1.4 Learner Characteristics
Candidates demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to develop instructional materials and experiences using print, audiovisual, computer-based, and integrated technologies.
- 2.1 Print Technologies
- 2.2 Audiovisual Technologies
- 2.3 Computer-based Technologies
- 2.4 Integrated Technologies
Candidates demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to use processes and resources for learning by applying principles and theories of media utilization, diffusion, implementation, and policy-making.
- 3.1 Media Utilization
- 3.2 Diffusion of Innovations
- 3.3 Implementation and Institutionalization
- 3.4 Policies and Regulations
Candidates demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions to plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise instructional technology by applying principles of project, resource, delivery system, and information management.
- 4.1 Project Management
- 4.2 Resource Management
- 4.3 Delivery System Management
- 4.4 Information Management
Candidates demonstrate knowledge, skills, and dispositions to evaluate the adequacy of instruction and learning by applying principles of problem analysis, criterion-referenced measurement, formative and summative evaluation, and long-range planning.
- 5.1 Problem Analysis
- 5.2 Criterion-Referenced Measurement
- 5.3 Formative and Summative Evaluation
- 5.4 Long-Range Planning
The AECT standards have proved to be a useful guide for my learning
I'm sure there is a lot more to say here....